I am such an advocate for creating a morning routine, and sticking with it! Make waking up fun and exciting! It is so important to get in the right space during your morning to set your day up for success! Here are my top 5 Tips for your best morning routine!
1. Wake up! Set your alarm clock for the same time every day, and DON’T hit snooze. Try downloading Math Alarm! It makes you solve math problems before turning it off. They also have some great Classic ringtones. Figure out how you wake up best! Is it with a warm cup of coffee? Is it with exercise? It is by reading your favorite book?
2. Make it fun! Motivate yourself to get going by having something in your morning that you just LOVE! Maybe that is a new face oil or work out gear you can’t wait to try out. Whatever it is, make sure that you feel happy to wake up and get your day started out right!
3. Prioritize! What are your top 3-5 priorities? Try to encompass each of these three things in the morning. I prioritize quality time, overall wellness, and making myself better. So my ideal morning is spending quality time with my family, exercising and/or talking about my business and all our goals and ambitions with my hubby!
“Every morning you have a new opportunity to become a happier version of yourself” – Lauren Gleisburg
4. Nourish your body! Start your day with a great balance of carbohydrates, proteins, fat, and all the nutrients to kick-start your morning! Try to get in as many colors as you can!
5. Reward. Your reward for waking up and getting your day started can be as simple as getting home from school or work and realizing you can relax. Or maybe it is spending a little extra time in the morning to get ready and feel extra great. Or maybe you make it more thoughtful and say if you can wake up on time and conquer your morning routine every day for a month you can buy new workout gear!
If you’d like to listen in to this episode, tune into the Bites Radio podcast below. If you’d like to keep up to date on all the latest, comment or join the conversation, be sure to head over to the bites radio Facebook page! And lastly, if you liked todays blog post or previous posts, be sure to subscribe to the Bites Radio podcast for weekly bites of nutrition knowledge!